* Image courtesy of Scott King
On October 22nd with the smell of Fall in the air, we returned to the Holiday Inn in Nashua, NH for our second 15 hour open gaming day. It was everything the first event was plus a little more. Take a trip down memory lane.
Event: Granite Game Summit, Fall 2016
Date: October 22nd, 2016
Location: Holiday Inn, Nashua NH
- Kevin Craine (Robit Riddle)
- Mark Corsey (The Game of 49 with Expansion)
- Chip Beauvais (Universal Rule)
- Bobby Fowler (Wicked Apples)
- Matt Golec & Robert Dijkman Dulkes(Westmonster Kennel Club)
- Dave Logvin & Hannah Merchant(Vampires & Villagers)
- Jason Tagmire (Semifinal Fantasy)
- Sarah Como and Breeze Grigas (A.E.G.I.S.)
- Tim Blank (Oh My Gods!)
- Benjamin Red (Cool Story)
- Daniel Newman (Ahead in the Clouds)
- Marshall Britt (Shipload o' Gold)
- Moderator Chris, Jared Hunnefeld, and Flip Florey (Flip The Table)
- Erin Ryan and Ryan LaFlamme (Cardboard Republic)
- Dan Cristelli (Board Everyday)
- Ray Hutchins (Tales of Cardboard)
- Anthony Racano (Cardboard Jungle Podcast)
- Matt Evans (Board Game Replay)
- Doug Osterhoudt and Zach Denoncour (Adjacent Hex Podcast)
- Steph Hodge (All The Meeples of The Rainbow)
- Jamison McLean and Rob Paquet (Chits & Bits)
- Ben Warren, Matthew Jeffery, and Steven Landau (DiceBreakers)
One of my favorite parts of the Granite Game Summit is the "Play to Win" track. How cool is it that you can come to a gaming event and have a chance to win just by playing a game? Sometimes these games are well known classics, other times they are brand new and is a fun way to generate buzz around them. But one aspect of it is that it can be daunting to sit down and try to learn the game while at the event itself.
Here is our finalized designer schedule for #G2SFall make sure to check out their past features by clicking on their names!
We are proud to announce the return of the raffle to #G2SFall ! Tickets will be sold until 5:30 p.m. and all entries must be completed by 5:45 p.m.
Today we are featuring Marshall Britt of Yanaguana Games. Marshall, his wife Courtney, and their son Harrison moved to Rhode Island last Spring from Texas.
As a new game event we have a very limited library (although it has grown because of generous donations from people like you). But in order to best serve everyone that is coming we have tables for everyone to put their games out if they wish.
Today we are featuring Sarah Como and Breeze Grigas, from Zephyr Workshop and part of the A.E.G.I.S. design crew.
Today we are featuring Tim Blank, the designer of Oh My Gods. Tim will be joining us on October 22nd, and showcasing his game.
Today we are featuring Daniel Newman, game designer from Brooklyn, NY who will be joining us at #G2SFall.
Steph Hodge is a board game photographer and blogger (All The Meeples Of The Rainbow) over on BoardGame Geek, who resides in beautiful NH.
Today we are featuring Jamison McLean and Rob Paquet from Chits and Bits, as well as Random Acts of Gameness.
As an indie game and arcade enthusiast, Jason Tagmire has an eye for unique, quirky, fun and fast playing games.
Today’s featured designer is Benjamin Red, designer of the game Cool Story which will be showcased at BFIG (Boston Festival of Indie Games) on September 10th, 2016.
Today we are featuring Ben Warren, Matthew Jeffery, and Steven Landau of DiceBreakers. The DiceBreakers crew resides in New Jersey, but will be joining us in Nashua, for #G2SFall16. Ben and MJ were at our first event in May, but this will be Steven's first Granite Game Summit, so be sure to challenge him to a game of Klask. The DiceBreakers make exceptional quality videos where they teach the rules and show you the action of a variety of board games. You can check out their YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leYikC6lev8 .