* Image courtesy of Scott King
With the amazing support of our attendees we were able to grow to a non-stop 3-day convention! Not only that, but we expanded into a much larger convention center at the Courtyard Marriott. Here is some fun information and pictures from that event.
Event: Granite Game Summit, Spring 2017
Dates: April 7th through the 9th.
Location: Courtyard Marriott, Nashua NH
- Mark Corsey (Cardchitecture)
- Dave Logvin (Vampires & Villagers)
- Glenn Given (Ghastly Gardens)
- Ben Swainbank (Villains and Vigilantes)
- Kevin Craine (Robit Riddle)
- Jim Fitzpatrick (Mission to Planet Hexx!)
- Sarah Como and Breeze Grigas (A.E.G.I.S.)
- Tim Schuetz (Interstellar Fabricators)
- Jan Gonzalez (Robo Diner)
- Chris Anderson (In Vino Morte, Pod People, & Energy Barons 1900)
- Chris Moriarty (To Windward! - The Lunar Islands)
- Mark Drejza (Allies of the Revolution!)
- Chip Beauvais (Chroma Cubes!)
- Matt Golec (Westmonster Kennel Club)
- Jeff Johnston (MoonQuake Escape)
- Bobby Fowler (Wicked Apples)
- Bill Corey Jr. (The Cubist Podcast and WDYPTW Podcast)
- Patrick Hillier (WDYPTW Podcast)
- Jessica Wade (The State of Games, WDYPTW Podcast, and Our Turn! Podcast)
- Eric Buscemi (WDYPTW Podcast)
- Ruth Boyack (The Five By)
- Moderator Chris, Jared Hunnefeld, and Flip Florey (Flip The Table)
- Erin Ryan and Ryan LaFlamme (Cardboard Republic)
- Dan Cristelli (Board Everyday)
- Matt Evans (Board Game Replay)
- Jamison McLean and Rob Paquet (Chits & Bits)
- Ben Warren, Matthew Jeffery, and Steven Landau (DiceBreakers)
You can find our Math Trade hosted at Board Game Geek.
Important dates for the Math Trade:
- Submissions close: Friday, March 24th, 2017, 9:00 PM EST
- Wants due: Friday, March 31st, 2017, 9:00 PM EDT
- Results posted: As soon as Dan can after close
- Trade Execution: Saturday, April 8th, 1:30pm at Granite Game Summit
If you want to learn more about the Math Trade you can read about it here: What is a Math Trade?
You can find our Auction hosted at Board Game Geek.
Important dates for the Auction:
- Auction close: Monday April 3rd, 2017 (Ending window between 6pm and 9pm EST).
- Games delivery & pickup: Spring Granite Game Summit on April 7-9th, 2017 (Make arrangements with individuals involved).
Events - Friday April 7th, 2017
Fancy Friday: Start time 7 p.m.
Fancy Friday, inspired by the lovely Kathleen Mercury and the Geekway (an amazing board gaming convention in St. Charles, Missouri) crew, is exactly what it sounds like. It is an excuse to get as fancy as you want to be and play some games with friends. You can wear your Sunday best, a kilt, or go full junior prom if you choose to. It is all about wearing what makes you feel good and having some fun. There will be a designated spot to meet up with the other fancy gamers and play some games. For instance, you can play some Rococo while wearing a gown, for the ultimate thematic gaming experience. There is no end time for the event, stay fancy for as long as you'd like to. Fancy Friday even pairs well with our trivia event.
Geeky Trivia: Start time 9 p.m.
Geeky trivia, hosted by The Castle, will begin at 9 pm near the bistro and bar. There will, of course, be plenty of signs to help lead the way. If you like all things gamey, geeky, and fun grab a team and join us for some trivia goodness, hosted by some fabulous people. Prepare for some laughter, trivia, and fun.
Events - Saturday April 8th, 2017
Designer Alley: Start time 10 a.m.
Back for another year is our Designer Alley. This runs from 10am until 6pm (right into our prize drawings). There will be many tables where you can test the latest from designers wanting to show off their latest creations. Every two hours the designers will rotate. You could enjoy the whole day at these tables, playing games with the designers themselves.
Board Game Relay: Start time 11 a.m.
Board Game Relay hosted by Board Game Replay is exactly what it sounds like. Four teams each made up of four players (and yes, it has to be exactly 4) will compete relay-style while playing four board games. Each member of your team will be playing a different well-known board game at the same time. After 20 minutes the buzzer will sound and each person in the team will rotate. You will continue your team-color’s game where your teammate left off. This will take place over 4 (20 minute) rounds and then final scores will be tallied in each game. The winning team will receive a prize.
Flip The Table Live Show Recording: Start time 3 p.m.
Join the Flip The Table crew with special guest Bill Corey Jr. for a live recording of their show. They will be discussing the other side of board gaming after having played what is no doubt a questionable game. There will be absurdity, antics, and laughter. Be sure to join them for this incredibly rare opportunity to see the whole crew make some podcasting magic. Maybe somebody will even hug to win, if we’re lucky.
Play-to-Win & Raffle Drawing: Start time 6 p.m.
Get your tickets and make your selections! There will be many prizes to choose from. There will be play-to-win games from local designers and large publishers. There will be many raffle items from many places. Mitigate your luck by buying even more tickets and stuffing the boxes.
Two Rooms and a Boom: Start time 9 p.m.
Two Rooms and a Boom is a social deduction game for 6-30 players and played in two teams: the Red team, and the Blue team. The Blue team has a President and the Red team has a Bomber. The game is played in two rooms (separate playing areas), and will take place over 5 timed rounds. At the completion of each round some of the players from each team will be swapped into different rooms. At the game’s end if the Red team’s Bomber is in the same room as the President, the Red team wins. If the Bomber and President are in different rooms, the Blue team wins. The game will be moderated by Ben Warren of DiceBreakers.
Events - Sunday April 9th, 2017
Virtual Reality Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes: Start time 10 a.m.
We are excited to be bringing a virtual reality Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes experience to you on Sunday April 9th, 2017 at 10 a.m. If you are not familiar with Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, you can read more about it here: http://www.keeptalkinggame.com/